Tribune News Service
Jalandhar, June 15
Delhi Chief Minister and AAP supremo Arvind Kejriwal, along with his Punjab counterpart Bhagwant Mann, flagged off luxury Volvo buses to the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport from here on Wednesday.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and his Punjab counterpart Bhagwant Mann flag off luxury buses to the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport from Jalandhar on Wednesday. A video grab
The flagging off ceremony took place at the local Shaheed Bhagat Singh Interstate Bus Terminal. Teams from Chandigarh and New Delhi were here on Monday to check arrangements and inspect the site. The DC and the Commissioner of Police also reviewed the arrangements.
Earlier in the day, mini-bus operator held a black flag protest at the local bus stand to highlight their demands.
Key points of Mann’s address
-Today, we are going to end one mafia which had patronage of all previous governments.
-The private company had been extorting from Rs 4000 to Rs 5000 per trip even under odd circumstances.
-Previous governments did not follow proper rules and hence could not ply these buses.
-Facilities in our service will be better than Mercedes buses.
-We do not want our NRIs to feel cheated while coming or going from Punjab.
Key points of Kejriwal’s address
Arvind Kejriwal describes the Bhagwant Mann Government as “fiercely honest” which has not hesitated to take “hard decisions”.
-There is ‘imaandar sarkar’ in Punjab now. The previous buses did not let sarkari buses ply.
– In 3 months, we have changed the scenario with the same set of officials and staff.
– The buses going from here will be received well in Delhi.
– Since oath ceremony of the new government in Punjab, this is my first visit.
– In 70 years, such tough decisions and such an attack against corruption were never seen as in the last 3 months.
– Only ‘katad imaandar’ sarkar can take ‘kachor decisions’.
– We dared to dismiss our minister and sent him to jail.
– We have set a unique example.
– Only Mann had the video and no one else had a proof, not even the media. But Mann dared to act.
– There was a mafia of SPG transfers, IG transfers etc.
– The officers who were side lined and never got field posting are now getting a chance to work. They had never paid money for postings.
– 5500 acre land from illegal occupants has been taken back.
– On April 1, Mann ended education mafia by telling schools not to enhance fee and gave parents freedom to buy books from anywhere.
– In coming budget session, teachers will be regularised.
– We even ended the system of multiple pensions of MLAs.
– False propaganda against AAP government over law and order.
– Now if crime takes place, the accused gets arrested in 24 to 36 hours.
– In Mohali bomb blast, we took just 3 days to solve the case.
– In Moosewala case, we brought the gangster from Delhi jail.
– In 2017, there was a bomb blast but government didn’t act. This attitude will not work now.
– No need to feel insecure now.
– We have arrested 130 gangsters in 3 months.
– In jails, VIP culture was prevailing, which has ended now.
– Gangsters, Netas used to get special cells in jails.
– MSP on moong for farmers is my dream which is now set to be fulfilled.
– Drugs will be ended but will take time.
– We got 92 seats in Punjab, so I understand people here have huge expectations from us.
– Just keep faith in us. Be patient. We will make Punjab of 3 cr population ‘rangla’ soon.